Safeguarding children’s welfare and safety is of paramount importance to our school. All staff undertake regular training with regards to aspects of safeguarding and child protection.
- Mrs Rehbohm is the Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL). Mrs Coe and Mr Macaulay are the Deputy Designated Safeguarding Leads (DDSLs) and key Child Protection members of staff.
- Mrs Teresa Lyth is the Designated Safeguarding Governor.
- All teaching and support staff have had Child Protection Awareness training.
- Mr Macaulay, Mrs Rehbohm and two members of our Local Management Board are ‘Safer Recruitment’ trained.
- Mr Macaulay has been trained to deliver Prevent Strategy training to staff (WRAP Training).
- All teachers and teaching support staff have undertaken Channel General Awareness training with regards to the Prevent Strategy.
- Mr Macaulay has been trained as Educational Visits Coordinator and Health & Safety Coordinator.
- All teaching and support staff have undertaken a range of medical training including Asthma Awareness, Diabetes and use of an epipen for children with allergies.
- We currently have 17 members of staff who have successfully completed ‘First Aid at Work’ or ‘Paediatric First Aid’ training.
If you have any worries or concerns about any of the children connected to our school, please do not hesitate to contact one of the nominated people.