To empower all our children to be self-motivated, enthusiastic, confident, capable and resilient Mathematicians.
We believe Mathematics equips pupils with the uniquely powerful set of tools to understand and change the world. These tools include logical reasoning, problem solving skills and the ability to think in abstract ways. Mathematics is important in everyday life. It is integral to all aspects of life and with this in mind we endeavour to ensure that children develop a positive and enthusiastic attitude towards mathematics that will stay with them.
We embrace the ethos and beliefs of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child. Every child has the right to an education (Article 28) and the right to develop their talents (Article 29). We value every pupil and the contribution they have to make. As a result, we aim to ensure that every child achieves success and that all children are able to develop their skills.
In St Augustine’s School, we use the National Curriculum for Mathematics (2014) as the basis of our mathematics programme. We are committed to ensuring that all pupils achieve mastery in the key concepts of mathematics, appropriate for their age group, in order that they make genuine progress and avoid gaps in their understanding, as they move through education
My Maths Website
Click on the link to MyMaths where your child can access his / her homework and supporting lesson activities
Maths Zone Website
Click the link for useful games and resources.
Become a Times Tables Master
- Key Learning In Mathematics - Year 6.pdf pdf286.3 KbJan 29th, 2019
- Maths Calculations - Addition and Subtraction.pdf pdf519.7 KbJan 29th, 2019
- TT Rockstars.pdf pdf4.1 MbJan 29th, 2019
- Key Learning In Mathematics - Year 4.pdf pdf286.1 KbJan 29th, 2019
- Key Learning In Mathematics - Year 5.pdf pdf318.7 KbJan 29th, 2019
- Key Learning In Mathematics - Year 2.pdf pdf254.6 KbJan 29th, 2019
- Key Learning In Mathematics - Year 3.pdf pdf260.7 KbJan 29th, 2019
- Key Learning In Mathematics - Year 1.pdf pdf156.7 KbJan 29th, 2019