Welcome to Year 1’s Class Page
Here you will find lots of photographs of us having fun learning about exciting things at school. I will update the page each half term to let you know which topics we are learning about and give you some ideas of fun activities you could do with the children at home. At the bottom of this page you will find some links to websites that the children can access at home to help with their learning.
Paws, Claws and Whiskers!
This half term our topic is ‘Paws, Claws and Whiskers’ and we will be learning all about a range of animals including farmyard animals, jungle animals, pets, insects and sea creatures.
It would be fantastic if the learning could continue at home for this topic. Here are some ideas of fun activities you could do:
- Make a scrap book about your family pet – What is their name? What type of breed is it? What do you like to do with them?
- Follow instructions to make a bird feeder for your garden at home. Watch out for birds coming to visit!
- Visit a local farm and find out more about the animals that live there. Take some photographs to show us back at school.
- Visit a zoo and find out about exotic animals from other countries.
- Create an interesting picture of your favourite animal using a range of mixed materials.
- Find out the differences between mammals, amphibians, reptiles, fish and insects.